Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ravelry has turned me into a crocheting maniac!

crochet, crochet, yarn, yarn, yarn, crochet
Yes, I do mean it. Before ravelry, I was content to crochet on a project for a little while, set it in 'the box' and pick it up in a few days, months, (or years as the case may be). Every year I would do a few scarves, maybe a pair of slippers, do a granny square or two. But now - I see all the wonders that a hook can do in everyone's wonderful pictures, and I have a list a mile long of what I want to do. It's as if my record's stuck - (does that age me?). I can be happily walking down a block, doing important stuff, and I'll see a plant blooming and think, 'hmm, would my new project look better if I photograph it hanging on that? Speaking of photos, what have I finished lately? Well, hold on, I've done a lot:





On my needles (and hooks): I finished my Pioneer Bag. I started it in Portland, OR last Feb while visiting my daughter but since the last felting I did turned out a bit wonky (and still waiting for me to revise) I kind of put it on hold. Then I decided who it was for and what I wanted to do with it and I was off! It's done, pictured above and set to be sent to Tesia ... along with...



On my hooks: I finished another Lacy Top Cardigan by Doris Chan. I heard of a wonderful

yarn while listening to the podcast nevernotknitting, dyed organic cotton, and I knew this is what would work for Tesia, my 'green' girl. Well I didn't know the pleasures of working with this wonderful cotton. It feels like hmm, a cloud? yes that's it. It feels so soft, like what you would picture a cloud to feel like. It's from Blue Sky Alpaca, dyed organic Cotton and if you go to http://www.nevernotknitting.com/ she has a link to a shop that for this month is offering a special to her blog readers. And have a listen while you're there - you won't be disappointed.

Also, I made my dil, Tiff, the same top and this time it only took me 2 days (or evenings). Wow, it was fast and fun. This one I made from some Vanna's choice in my stash. I wish I had bought more of the organic cotton to make hers from this. In the picture it's blocking, which I've discovered fixes a lot of shaping quirk's. Blocking is not my favorite but I'm learning is about the most important part of the end presentation! and it's not as hard as I've always thought.

On my pegs: Yes, still the sock. But I did work on it at the Dr.s office - amid oohs and ahhs about how 'great' it was and 'how do I get one of those' so that was fun.

I have new projects to start - a gift for ... shhh, she doesn't know yet ... and for ... oh, and she doesn't know either, but the yarn feels yummy and I can't wait to finish to show you all!






2 comments:

  1. I've been staying up to date on your blog, wanting to comment but having nothing good to say. I went to pick up the phone to call you, but then thought "Hey this is my opportunity to blog!"
    Thank you so much for the cardigan. It is very pretty and very soft. I like how you added the pretty button to it. It was a very nice surprise to check the mail today. I've finished the little booties for Jenna's baby and now I'm working on a blanket for her. Talk to you soon!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally found time to look up your site, it's pretty neat! Keep those needles clicking!! Alta

    ReplyDelete